Monday, September 28, 2009

Missing Mom

I just read my sister Laura's latest post and now I'm crying. She talked about missing mom.
I, too, just had one of those moments. For the past several years I've picked my mom up for the General RS Broadcast. They always have a dinner before the broadcast. As I walked into the cultural hall with my daughter Michelle this year I thought about my mom not being there. I wondered if she would have liked the "boxed" dinners with pasta salad and a croissant roll inside. She would have liked the sherbet and sugar wafer cookies for sure. It was a bitter sweet moment as I sat and ate. Time goes on. Some of my mom's friends were still there. Some where not. There I was now with my daughter and granddaughter at my side. Some day in the future Michelle will be picking me up for the broadcasts. I guess that is how it's suppose to be.
Thanks for the memories mom! Love you!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry for making you cry. Maybe it was just a weekend for that. Love you!

JONESIES said...

I was crying too! Even after you warned me! I'm glad we got to go to conference together