Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today my mom would have been 73. Last year she celebrated her first birthday without her mom. She didn't like it very much she reported. I guess her secret birthday wish was to not have to spend another without her. Her wish was granted.

I miss you mom. I appreciate your example and the legacy of love you have left for your family. I don't like that I can't call you and sing an off-key version of "Happy Birthday to you," or take you to Appleby's for lunch, or buy you another DVD or new shirt. So what am I doing to honor you today? I'm going visiting teaching! One of your favorite things to do. I'm going to mail all of my Christmas cards (which dad has done, very well I might add, already). I wrote a quick note to Bro. Haught to let him know that as he misses his dear wife on her birthday (how did I not know you two ladies shared the same birthday?) he is being thought of too and going to help Nimmie, another of your favorites...helping others.

I love you mom...thanks for everything!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nice thoughts, Sherry. I've been thinking about Mom today too, of course, but I didn't do all those good things you did. Way to go! Love you!